10 Ways Your Phone System Improves Your Customers’ Experience
Business competition in today’s economy is fierce. Your customers expect the highest level of care, and you and your staff need to be reachable, professional and customer-focused at all times – no matter where you’re working.
If that’s your business model, is your phone system supporting you and your employees like you need to support your customers?
Use this checklist to evaluate if your business communications give your customers the experience they expect from their chosen providers. Give yourself a point for every line you can check off. When you’re done, count your checks.
Reachability and Professionalism
- Customers can access your sales staff anytime and anywhere, with mobile capabilities that direct incoming office calls to your sales staff’s mobile phones.
- Outbound calls look professional, coming from the main company number, even when your employees are using their smartphones or other mobile devices.
- Customer focus is enhanced by integrating your Outlook and CRM tools with your phone system to track conversation history with your client.
- Employee productivity is increased by merging call records with customer records to improve sales trending projections and staffing optimization.
- Employees can bring their own device and integrate it with your phone network.
- Teamwork is made easy with voice and video calling, instant messaging and desktop sharing.
- Employees feel secure that voice and data are safe, even in public hotspots.
- Ongoing administration, such as adding a new employee, is easy vs. labor intensive.
- Local support is available to train your staff to use features that improve the customer experience.
- You have the option of outsourcing your phone system management to an experiencedlocal company.
How did you do? Depending on how many checks you got, here are some things to think about:
- If you scored an 8-10, you’re using your business communications system to improve your customer’s experience as they work with you.
- If you scored a 5-7, there may be some phone system features you can use to improve your company’s competitive positioning as well as your employee and customer experience.
- If you scored less than 5, it’s time to look at business communications capabilities that will help your employees to be more reachable, professional and customer-focused.
You want your employees to function effectively while improving company productivity and increasing customer satisfaction. Your phone system should help you do all that – and boost your competitive advantage. Find out how a Mitel Connect ONSITE business communications system can get you there.
Interested in Cloud and not an onsite solution? Read 5 Reasons Why a Switch to the Cloud Should Begin with your Phone System. A VoIP phone system improves efficiency whether it’s in the cloud or onsite.